For 5 pound download scroll down to the bottom of this page.
Five quizzes (20 questions/answers each) plus set of jokes on Ancient Egypt - based on Unit 10, and covering everything you, as a teacher, would hope to cover in the classroom. Quiz content deliberately chosen to reflect curriculum coverage - with Background, Farmer's Year, Daily Life and Pyramid Building, The After-Life and The Gods. Informative and fun! Great end of unit test.
- How long ago was the Ancient Egyptian civilisation?
- When did it end?
- In what continent is Egypt?
- Describe the climate.
2 The Farmer's Year
- When couldn't the farmers do very much?
- What did they do instead?
- Why was the once a year flooding so important?
- What made it impossible to farm away from the banks of the Nile?
3 Daily Life and Pyramid Building
- 1. What was the building material for most houses?
- 2. How many rooms in a house did a poor family have?
- 3. What were their dishes made of?
- 4. How many rooms did a rich family have?
4 The After-life
- How long did ‘making a mummy' take?
- What was the process called?
- What were the internal organs stored in?
- Name the internal organs that were stored?
5 The Gods
- Who was king of the gods?
- Who was goddess of the sky?
- Who was her father?
- Who was his father?
- 1. Where is a favorite mummy holiday destination?
The Dead Sea!
- 2. Why are mummies so good at keeping secrets?
They keep everything under wraps!
- 3. What did the camel wear so that nobody would notice him?
- 4. Why are mummies one step ahead of the rest of us at Christmas?
They've already done all their wrapping up!