Lectures from Sue Russell B.A. (History), P.G.C.E.
History-Based Lectures (See Synopses in Lectures section of www.plays-r-ussell.com)
1. The Tudors incl. Henry VIII and all his wives! (I can do this as one or two lectures)
2. Gunpowder Plot, Plague and Great Fire of London
3. World War One – background and chronology, plus poetry and art
4. Christmas Traditions – including Xmas Lights in London (Oxford Circus to South Bank, via Leicester Square walk)
History of … series.
1. Religions – Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism
4. Democracy incl. Magna Carta plus past & present prime ministers
5. Art – based around National Gallery collection (chronological series – Parts I, II and III)
6. Winter Olympics 1924 to present day – breakdown of all the sports
1. Thanksgiving in America – Myth and Reality
2. The Salem Witch Trials
1. Lanzarote – based on Easter 2014 trip
2. Winchester in the Spring. This is the first in a series of lectures I will be giving on local places and their history.
3. Majestic Majorca – based on August 2015 trip
4. Paris – based on August 2015 trip, including history of French Revolution
5. Seaside Towns – North and South: A Comparison
1. Marwell Zoo
2. Chessington Zoo – Gorillas and Tigers
3. Hampshire Wildlife Park – Otters (New Forest)
4. ‘British Birds’ – ‘election to choose Britain’s national bird’
Gardens of Hampshire
1. Exbury Gardens plus West Green House Gardens and The Vyne Gardens
2. Sir Harold Hillier Gardens – various, including magnificent azaleas and special summer sculpture exhibition
3. Houghton Lodge Gardens
4. Longstock Park Nursery and Water Garden
5. Trees – starting with trail at Hinton Ampner and proceeding to famous Westonbirt Arboretum, in Autumn, near Bath.
Gardens of Surrey
1. Hampton Court Flower Show 2014
2. Wisley Gardens (RHS)
Walks Around Hampshire
1. From and around Lepe Country Park
2. From and around Beaulieu
· Friendship Lecture
· Recent trips to British Museum – Aboriginal Art/History; and Ancient Greeks
· Kew Gardens – collection of ‘medicinal’ plants
· Herbal Medicine – based on husband’s book!
As with my play writing (see www.plays-r-ussell.com ) for which I offer a write on request service, I am happy to do this with my lectures, so if there are any subjects you would like covered, do let me know.
My charge is £50 (plus petrol @ £5 per 10 miles, outside 10 mile radius of Winchester); or £40 on regular basis.
This is for a 1 hour lecture, including slides (usually well over a hundred per subject) and plenty of opportunity for chat/discussion before and after.
My contact details are: Email: email@example.com
You will find this information on www.plays-r-ussell.com in the Lectures section where the synopses show the subject coverage. If in the meantime you would like to know more about any given subject, do contact me and I will send you the details.